Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Memed

So before I begin my seven by seven, what exactly is a "meme?" Is it some sort of plural for memo? Is it named that because its all about me? Squared? Is it the operatic warm up you give your throat before you answer a meme? These questions need answers...

Also, sometimes I needed to cheat, and squeeze extra things in...consider it following the "spirit" if not the "letter" of the meme.

7 things to do before I die

1) Live!
2)Travel to the sites of the seven wonders of the ancient world
3) Found a dynasty...er...start a family
4) Create something (i.e. a poem) that people (other than my friends and family) think is beautiful, and universal
5) Act in a movie
6) Learn how to navigate a boat by the stars
7) Four words: running of the bulls

7 things I cannot do

1) Keep my mouth shut
2) Pass up an adventure
3) Wear glasses (things near my eyes bug me)
4) Hold a grudge
5) Math
6) Kiss a girl who smokes (tried it once...felt like I was kissing death)
7) Remember peoples names the first time they tell me

7 things I like about my other half

1) She's mysterious ( I hardly know anything about her)
2) She plays hard to get
3) She's not afraid to have "alone" time
4) She doesn't mind long distance relationships (Forget space, she doesn't even mind being separated by time)
5) She's patient
6) She's better than I imagine her to be
7) She's got great taste!

7 things I say

1) "How's life?"
2) "Can I get a ride?"
3) "man" as a suffix to the last word in any given response to a male
4) Too often, whatever comes into my head
5) "I don't know" said in a sigh, somewhere near my wit's end
6) compliments
7) "see ya" "later"or "take care"

7 books I love

1) The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri
2) OED
3) David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
4) Manalive by G. K. Chesterton
5) Crime and Punishment by Feodor Dostoevsky
6) TLOTR by J.R.R. Tolien
7) The Book of Kells (I'm just happy that it exists)

7 movies I love

1) The Princess Bride
2) Goonies
3) Krull
4) Glory
5) The Quiet Man
6) Singing in the Rain/ American in Paris
7) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

7 people to meme

I think everyone's memed already. How about "7 people I would like to send this meme to"

1) My other half
2) The Pope
3) Mark Steyn
4) Tony
5) Dr. Esolen
6) Richard Wilbur
7) God ( Just picture it)

4 Comments:

Blogger lord_sebastian_flyte said...

Here's to Gene Kelley, possibly the best dancer ever, and so much more likeable than Fred Astaire.

11:37 AM

 
Blogger Whiskey said...

Meme
See also Internet Phenomenon

8:37 PM

 
Blogger Flannery said...

WHAT? Fred Astaire is worlds more likeable than Gene Kelly! The latter seems brilliant but standoffish, while the former just seems like a nice guy.

10:53 AM

 
Blogger windmilltilter said...

Fred Astaire...was how shall i say it ...charmingly hoity-toity. But Gene was a guy's guy, who wasn't only graceful, but masculine, artistic but not snobbish. His dance routines were brilliant, i.e.(1)dancing with a creak in the floor, and a newspaper, 2) dancing with a cartoon 3) Dancing against himself. The Academy invented an Oscar just so they could award his choreography. His scenes in An American in Paris and Singin' in the Rain are classic, and on top of all this, he was someone you wanted to have on your side in a fight. The same cannot be said of Fred Astaire.

9:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home